Ghorepani Ghandruk Short Annapurna Trek is one of the popular short classical trekking in Nepal. The starting point of the trek is Pokhara- the city of lakes where you can witness the real serenity of nature. There is an exceptional please of trekking in Annapurna foothills with enchanting settlements of various ethnic groups of Nepal. Ghorepani and Ghandruk are the main dwelling settlements for the Ghale and Gurung tribes of people.
This Poonhill Trekking is a circular route through farmland, rhododendron forests. Poonhill offers magnificent sunrise views of huge Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges to the northern highlands.
- Short Himalayan flight to Pokhara with panoramic views of Mt. Fishtail, Ganesh and its ranges.
- Captivating sunrise views of huge Mt.Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges from Poonhill.
- Stoned roof houses at Ghandruk.
- Encounter with unique culture and custom of warm and friendly people
- Amazing lush of green forests with vibrant blossoms of flowers.
Early morning, transfer to Kathmandu’s domestic airport and fly to Pokhara. Then, drive along the zigzag route to Nayapul (trail foot) where we commence our trek to Birethanti, a large and prosperous riverside village at the confluence of the Modi and Bhurungdi Kholas (streams). We hike up to Sudame along the off road and then climb gradually up the side of the valley, Tikhedhunga.
Cross suspension metal bridge and steep ascent on stone staircases to the village of Ulleri – and an amazing landscape of valley floor where we came during the day with marvelous views of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
After breakfast, our pleasant trekking begins through rhododendron and oak forests. The scenery will give you the energy to continue up the steps as you immerse yourself in the walk. After a few hours and with several breaks we reach Ghorepani. Upper Ghorepani (Deurali) where we stay in this trip, offers fantastic views of Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna Himalayas.
Make a pre-dawn start for the 45 minute walk up Poon hill (3,210m/10,530ft); through rhododendron forest. From the grassy top of the hill there is an unobstructed panoramic view of the high Himalayas stretching from far western Dolpo, and Dhaulagiri (8,172m/26,812ft), the Annapurna Range in the north, including Machhapuchhare (Fish Tail) and on to Manaslu (8,163m/26,783ft) in the northeast. To the south, the mist slowly rises from the flatlands towards India. After countless photographs, walk back to Ghorepani for breakfast.
The eastward trail to Tadapani crosses numerous ridges through thick pine and rhododendron forest with occasional flat sections and wonderful views of the snow peaks to the north from high ground.
Today’s trail is mainly downhill: the first destination being the large Gurung village of Ghandruk with Himalayan views on the background. We arrive here just by the Lunch time. After lunch, trek to Ghandruk Phedi (trail head) for an hour to the road to finish the trek, and brings quicker to Lake City Pokhara for shopping and hang around. About 3 hours scenic drive following downstream of ice cold river and overlooking Phewas Lake. Eventually, back to Pokhara and your Hotel to Lakeside. Afternoon free time.
After breakfast, transfer to Tourist bus station and 07:30am drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus. This scenic drive offers fascinating glimpses of rural Nepal as you pass through Middle Hill scenery along the famous rafting Trishuli River originated from Tibet north east of Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers
- Flight Kathmandu to Pokhara
- All necessary paper work and permits (Annapurna Conservation permit and TIMS )
- Trekking equipment: down filled sleeping bag, walking poles and duffel bag
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered trekking guide and local porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide and porter salaries, insurance, equipment, transport, food and lodging
- Private transport Pokhara to Naya Pul (trail foot)
- Sharing Jeep/taxi Shewmi (trail head) to Naya Pul and private transport to Pokhara
- Full meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on your choice
- Supplementary snacks: energy bar and cookies
- Seasonal fresh fruits deserts every day
- Unlimited Chlorine treated Safe Drinking water
- All mountain accommodation (Soft, comfort, private room with share toilet)
- 2 star Hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast for 1 night
- Pokhara-Kathmandu by tourist bus
- A comprehensive First Aid kit
- All government and local taxes
- Hot shower
- Electronic device recharge
- Hot and bottle drinks
- Lunch/dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel insurance and medical evacuation
Two clients share one porter. We will supply you a trek duffel bag where you keep your heavy items and this bag is carried by the porter. You will need to bring your own daypack to be carried by you. In the daypack, you can put money, important documents, water bottle/bladder, camera, toiletries, sunscreen, notebook, etc. The weight limit for the porter is 30 kg or 66 pounds. 15 kg or 33 pounds for each client. So, we recommend you to pack as carefully as you can and not exceed the weight limit. You can leave your non-trekking stuff at the locker facility in the Kathmandu hotel.
- 4-season sleeping bag (We can provide one if you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffel bag
- Down jacket (Must have for mornings, nights and evenings, and for altitudes above 4,000 m; We can provide it if you need one but has to be returned after the trek.)
Upper Body – Head / Ears / Eyes
- Sun hat
- Wool or synthetic hat that cover the ears
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Neck warmer
- Liner gloves
- Heavier shell gloves
- Lightweight expedition thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Water/windproof shell jacket (Preferably breathable fabric)
- Synthetic sports bras (For women)
Lower Body – Legs
- Lightweight expedition thermal bottoms
- Nylon hiking shorts
- Soft shell and hard shell trekking pants
- Water/windproof trousers
- Casual pants
- Liner socks
- Heavyweight socks
- Waterproof hiking/trekking boots
- Light shoes/sneakers/sandals
- Gaiters (For monsoon and winter)
Medicines and First Aid Kits
(Please note our guide will carry the first-aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personalized first-aid kit as well.)
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Immodium or Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide) 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness
- Anti-infection ointments
- Lip balm (At least SPF 20)
- Sunscreen (SPF 40)
- Passport and extra passport photos (3 copies)
- Airline ticket (Please make a copy and leave one at our office in Kathmandu just in case if you need to change the date of your flight.)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport
- Water bottle/bladder
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit (Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.)
- Adjustable trekking poles
- Favorite snack foods (No more than 2 pounds)
- Paperback books, cards, mp3 player
- Cameras (Memory cards, chargers and also batteries)
- Pee bottle for men and pee funnel for women
- 1 - 12
- city hotel, lodge, teahouse
- hotel included breakfast, 3 meals a day during trekking
- january, february, march, april, may, june, september, october, november, december
HELP US GROW
CUSTOMIZE THIS TRIP
Can't find what you want? You can always customize the trip according to your preference and budget here.